By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic learn of sexual minorities in Africa, and one in every of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining cutting edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social studies and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) in terms of neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the classification of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
"The Monogamy problem" is going past supporting companions get to the bottom of points of interest to others: it additionally is helping to create and maintain important and passionate monogamous relationships. The authors 30+ years as a counselor and workshop facilitator have created a groundbreaking, deep and useful publication, aiding readers get to the bottom of the numerous concerns that make intimacy and monogamy tough.
"Scott Harms Rose takes up questions on intimacy between homosexual males, which even in those post-postmodern instances isn't a well-traveled topic . .. The exploration of the topics' experience of masculinity, and in their relationships with their fathers and with romantic companions in maturity, sheds mild at the interaction of id and dating because it performs out for homosexual males in a heterosexist atmosphere .
The second one variation of A Clinician’s consultant to Systemic intercourse remedy has been thoroughly revised, up to date, and extended. This quantity is written for starting psychotherapy practitioners so that it will consultant them throughout the complexities of intercourse treatment and aid them to be extra effective of their therapy.
L. a. suggestion de progreso lo impregna todo, y también ha resultado así con disciplinas de los angeles salud psychological, como ser l. a. Psicología y los angeles Psiquiatría. Ellas también avanzan, se podría decir, pero ¿cómo lo hacen realmente? ¿Cómo se lleva a cabo, por ejemplo, el quitar un concepto, antes patológico, del catálogo de l. a. Psiquiatría que se desarrolla en los Estados Unidos, para luego bajar línea al resto del mundo?
- The Machines of Sex Research: Technology and the Politics of Identity, 1945-1985 (SpringerBriefs in History of Science and Technology)
- Sexual Deviance: Issues and Controversies
- The Ethics of Sex
- Understanding Global Sexualities: New Frontiers (Sexuality, Culture and Health)
- Female Prostitution in Costa Rica: Historical Perspectives, 1880-1930 (Latin American Studies: Social Sciences and Law)
- ESCORT - The True Story of an Orange County Call Girl (Orange County Girls Trilogy Book 1)
Additional info for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio